Youth adventure travel is what we do! We offer a variety of travel solutions designed to engage and develop those adventurous young minds looking for knowledge, experience and growth. Being a long-standing specialist in this market, we have bespoke adventures for school/college/university groups that include authentic culture, wildlife and wilderness and outdoor adventure experiences. As well as this, we run a selection of internships and volunteer programs, all based in KwaZulu Natal, either at game reserves or rehabilitation centres. Internships are based in three fields: ecological research, conservation management and ecotourism.
African Insight Academy has well established academic field trips aimed at different levels from introductory level to comprehensive scientific research trip. With a selection of wildlife and conservation modules pieced together to create the perfect learning experience, we are able to create bespoke and unique experiences unlike anyone else in the industry.
Whether you are looking to experience South Africa as a group or as an individual we can offer a solution to help you achieve your adventure objectives.
African Insight Academy:
- has been operating for 21 years
- is dedicated to the principles of Responsible Tourism
- carries a British Standard 8848 accreditation which is a specification for the provision of visits, fieldwork, expeditions, and adventurous activities, outside the United Kingdom. Youth programmes are in line with the DofE Award as well as the International Youth Award
- has the sole tourism concession on the 12000ha Somkhanda Game Reserve situated in Zululand where our internships and volunteer progams are based
- We are listed as a “GOOD” volunteer project with Volunteers In Africa Beware, the industry watchdog for ethical volunteering projects
- has partnered with a Zulu community in developing authentic cultural experiences
- has hosted clients for consecutive years based on continually surpassing expectations
- we offer “no fee” internships to South African citizens to aid them in gaining experience in either wildlife, conservation, ecology or tourism fields
- we have a highly skilled team who help deliver outstanding experiences to all our clients and we pride ourselves in delivering a ‘once in a lifetime’ working holiday